LLAS has a track record in leading and managing major education projects at UK and international levels. We work with funders to develop projects that have a lasting impact on practice in our subject areas. We have delivered projects at primary, secondary and higher education levels for funders including the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE), the Department for Education (DfE), the Joint Information Systems Committee (JISC), the Higher Education Academy (HEA) and the European Commission. As a project partner LLAS can provide subject expertise as well as support in bid development and project management.
Our approach to project management includes:
- engagement of project partners and funders in the development and delivery of projects;
- fostering good communication between project partners;
- designing clear outcomes and useful resources;
- broad dissemination of project outputs;
- planning for sustainability and legacy of projects.
We would be interested in developing projects in any area of languages and related studies, and have particular expertise in:
- Language pedagogy
- Technology in education
- Outreach, promotion of languages and widening participation
- Resource creation
- Internationalisation of higher education
- Language policy
- Curriculum development
- Quality Assurance
- Informal learning
- Community languages
- Student mobility (study abroad)
- Research-led teaching
- Public engagement with languages
Since 2006 LLAS has managed the highly successful Routes into Languages programme, funded by HEFCE and the DfE, which has developed a range of innovative and effective initiatives to promote language uptake in schools through collaborative partnerships between schools and universities in 10 consortia across England and Wales. We have also been lead partners in two recent projects funded by the EU Lifelong Learning Programme (Erasmus) to develop Quality Assurance practices: LanQua and SPEAQ.
LLAS has a strong record in developing and delivering projects related to online resource creation and sharing, including the following JISC-funded projects:
- Community Café: online materials for community languages
- FAVOR: resource sharing for part-time language teachers in higher education
- HumBox: online repository of teaching materials in the Humanities
- OpenLIVES: digital resources on Spanish émigré experiences
For more information about these and other projects developed and delivered by LLAS please visit the projects section of our website. If you would like to develop a project with us, please contact us at email@example.com or on 023 8059 4814.